Monday, March 14, 2011

Grateful

Chad and I made a goal when we got married that we would go to the temple once a month. So far we have, except after Sophie was born we missed a few. I was a nervouse new mother who just couldn't  imagine leaving my baby behind for 6 hours!! Needless to say my feelings have changed on that haha. We love going and plus it is like a monthly date for us. Sophie gets so excited when we go she says "mommy and daddy are going to the temple!!" I am sure it is because she knows she gets to be spoiled by grandparents all day.

I have been thinking a lot lately how lucky Chad and I are to have both our parents so close. They are always so willing to watch our girls if we want to go to the temple or if I need to go to school. We are so very grateful for them and all they do for us.
Somedays I wish we had a temple closer to us. But then I think about all of the alone time Chad and I would not get on those drives to phoenix and I am happy it is 2 hours away. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father who loves us so much that he gave us temples so we can be an Eternal Family.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Guess we should have taken the girls home Saturday for at least a two hour drive for you guys.... I love the side pic of Lydia...so cute!

    ReplyDelete