Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chads Creations

I am the sort of person who goes by the recipe and measures everything. I need a recipe or I feel lost. Chad on the other hand is really good at taking a bunch of ingredients and making something totally delicious! The other night he asked me "Do you think red velvet and pumpkin would taste good together?"  Hmm chocolate and pumpkin.....yes please! Well here it is...
This cake is really really good. It tastes just like my mom's pumpkin cookies and the cake is very moist. And he even said I could share the recipie!
If anyone wants his chocolate chip cookie recipie sorry your out of luck I have to take it to my grave. It took me a year and a lot of telling him "well if you dont give me the recipie then I cant make the cookies for you" And I pretty much had to take a blood oath.
But here is his yummy cakes recipie:

Pumpkin Red Velvet Cake

1 Box Red Velvet Cake mix
4 Eggs
1 Small Can Pumpkin
3 Tbs. Pumpkin Spice
2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 cup Water
2 Tbs Honey
Chocolate Chips

Mix them all together and follow the baking instructions on the box. I just whipped up a cream cheese frosting for the top.

As you can tell we didnt like it at all.... I have decided it is hard staying at home when this is staring at you all day. So I had to have a piece...ok maybe two. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty tasty! Guess I can't live at your houe, a diet would never work there! Dont' feel bad Rachel at least you have the secret to the cookies....I wonder how Grandma would feel to know her recipe has been modified and saved in the mind of Chad...LOL! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good!!! I am going to have to try this. . .Red Velvet yum! Pumpkin yum!! you can't go wrong there!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bone to pick with people that won't share recipes. Whats the point of having something so fantastic and not sharing it with people. Thats like not sharing the gospel. Who would do that. You can pass that onto Chad and see if he will share that recipe with me. I promise to always give him credit and not share it. Even if that makes me a hypocrite:)

    ReplyDelete