Thursday, June 28, 2012

Boise Vacation Part 2

After Sedona we headed to Richfield Utah where my Mom was born. She showed us her old house that is still there with the original fence that has tipped over a bit. It was so cool to see. The owners do not live in it currently but built a house next to it. I am kicking myself now for not taking a picture....but here is a picture of my Uncle Curt, Uncle Dwight, and my Mom playing in the front yard. It still looks pretty much the same.



The RV Park we stayed at was fun! There was bunnies everywhere. The girls were so excited and all Sophie kept asking to do was chase the chickens. So we went for a walk and fed the bunnies some carrots...


Most of them just ran away so we had to throw the carrots to them. But there was one that ate right out of their hands!



Then we fed the chickens some bread.


We also drove over and saw the Manti Temple. Sadly we couldnt get too close to it because they were setting up for the pagent...


The next day we headed to Salt Lake and took a tour of the conference center...


Sophie liked seeing where conference happens and she recognized the seats where the choir sings.


Then we checked out temple square...




Then we went across the street to City Creek. It is a really cool outside shopping center that was full of fountains and a little creek of course. My girls thought they had died and gone to heaven...


They have never seen one of these so they were not sure what to make of it haha.


video

The next day my cousin Jessica was nice enough to watch the girls so we could do a session at the Salt Lake Temple. I have neer been through it and it was such a cool experience.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to do a session at the temple! What a fun trip for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salt lake temple was my favorite part of your trip. thanks for letting me hang with your girls!

    ReplyDelete