Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Boise Vacation Part 1

Be prepared for a lot of posts! We have just gotten back from doing a lot of fun things on Boise. I feel like I havent been home forever. I left June 9th and got back last night. We had a ton of fun but needless to say we are glad to be home.

My parents were nice enough to take me and the girls on a mini vacation driving up to Boise and we stayed in their trailer. The girls were so excited to sleep in the trailer. They thought it was just so cool. Especially riding in the car with Toodles!

The first day we headed to Sedona for a couple of nights. We checked out Montezuma's Castle...



It is crazy to think that they built and lived up in the cliff. My Mom and I joked how we couldnt possibly imagine raising children up there. I could barely keep Lydia on the sidewalk. But she finally got into the groove took a stroll with toodles...


Then we checked out Montezumas Well. It was pretty much what it sounded like...a big hole with water...


But when you go down where the water comes out (what the indians used to irrigate their land) it was so green and pretty...




A random oasis in the middle of the desert.

Then we headed into Sedona to look at some shops. There was a really cool outside shopping mall with a ton of cool statues, shops, and fountains...




Sophie really liked this frog so she had to blow kisses back to it...



They loved all of the fountains. We would just go fountain to fountain and they would get so excited everytime we found one...



I realized I have never had Sophie make a wish in a fountain before. So I explained to her that she had to hold the penny, make a wish, and throw it into the fountain....


And the silly girl held the penny to her forhead while making her wish before she threw it. Haha I guess it makes sense the wish needs to be tranferred to the penny right? Lydia didnt really care she just grabbed the penny and threw it in.

The girls loved playing in the trailer. They played fetch with Toodles and dressed up...


They even went on a walk with Grandpa Miller and Toodles like this. Poor Grandpa...I told him he ddnt have to claim them if he didnt want to :)

1 comment:

  1. Well you're on the ball!!! Maybe I will just wait til you post the whole trip and copy and paste-LOL!!! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete