Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Hopeful Garden

We are trying it again this year but with a new tactic. Last year we attempted to grow a garden all from seeds which ended sadly. This year we decided to buy the plants that way if we kill them we can at least return them and try again without having to completely start over.

Sophie and Lydia helped us prepare the ground...



Lydia loved it but Sophie didn't last too long. She says she is afraid of getting dirt in her shoes. So she prefers to stand on the porch and supervise from afar...


I told her that dirt is not going to hurt her but she says she is afraid...OK. So then I tell her we can put her tennis shoes on and then dirt wont get in. Gasp! How dare I say that! She says "no Mom I love my Heels!" I am not sure where she gets this.


This year we planted artichokes, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, and we are trying green beans from seeds along the wall. I already had a scare yesterday. They had been in the ground a whole 6 hours before my artichoke looked dead...ahh! But after calling my mom I was able to revive it. Here's to hoping our garden grows!

2 comments:

  1. So excited to see the growing plants!! I wish I had more ambition to do this. . .I spent so much time and effort into it last year and they all died, because it was so hot. . .I didn't have the desire to do it again. . .I think I will try for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Moms who can fix anything!!! Excited to see how it all grows...good luck!

    ReplyDelete