Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Grandma's Irises

My Grandma Buchanan loved irises. They were her favorite flower and Iris was her middle name. We named Sophie Iris after her. At her funeral about 8 years ago we all laid an iris on her coffin. My wonderful Aunt Barbara gave all of the grandchildren and great grandchildren an iris bulb that we could plant to help us remember Grandma. She spent a lot of time getting a different type of iris for each person that matched their personalities. I can't remember the name of mine but I sure love the color. So does Lydia....can't imagine why.....


My parents have had them in their garden ever since and now that we have a place in our backyard they sent some home with me. Sunday we got our first blooms!! I was so excited to see that I had actually gotten my iris!


A couple of the blooms look a little sad because we had a huge wind storm yesterday. I was just glad they survived. I stressed over them all day.

It is so nice to look out the window and be reminded of my sweet Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment