Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lil Miss Stubborn

Lydia has all by herself gone in the potty several times just randomly. So we thought it would be a good time to potty train her. I borrowed a book from my friend in the ward on how to potty train in less than a day. Honestly I had my doubts but after reading the book it seemed logical. So after studying the book for a week I decided to do it. I dropped Sophie off at Grandma Millers so it could be just me and Lydia. I was prepared with snacks and drinks and even a doll that peed. What I wasn't prepared for was Lydia's stubbornness....


I know she is stubborn but because she loves to sit on the potty all of the time I figured she would enjoy this especially with all of the snacks the program included. But she would constantly answer questions wrong on purpose and smile at me. For example "Lydia when you need to go pee pee where do you go?" Lydia's response "outside!!! (giggle)" Me "Lydia feel your pants. Are they wet or dry?" Lydia "Wet!!" me "No Lydia they are dry. See feel." Lydia "wet!"

The doll itself did not cooperate with me eiether. I had filled it with water in preparation and knew that it leaked when it was sitting up so I laid it flat on the counter. When it came time for Lydia to teach the doll, the crazy thing had already wet its pants!! So I had to skip to what we do when she wets her pants...I asked her "Dolly wet her pants, but we still love dolly. Lydia do we love dolly?" Lydia: "No!"

Then when she had an accident we are supposed to practice but all she did was scream "no I don't want to! " and then run away from me. She is supposed to sit on the potty for at least 5 minutes but I could not keep her on there past 5 seconds.

I know that she can do it and she knows she can do it. But apparently we need to wait until she wants to do it. So our diaper free home is just going to have to wait...sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I know I have said it before but she is a 2nd child lol! I think it is funny they want to much to be like their older sibling but they do not want you to know that is what they are doing. She will just do it on her own on her own terms I am sure!

    ReplyDelete