Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas!

Be prepared for a long post. Chad has been off work this whole week and I haven't been on the computer much.

Christmas was so much fun! On Christmas eve when Chad got off work we went and got slushies. (I know weird but it was actually pretty warm that day). And then we randomly drove around. We ended up at the San Xavier Mission. Which was pretty fun to walk around....


On the way out there was a graveyard that was kind of creepy because all of the dirt was in mounds. I am not sure why they did it that way.

We headed to Brad and Becca's for a fun filled Christmas Eve party! I made some eggnog cookies for dessert.

These were really yummy. I found the recipe here.
We played minute to win it games which was fun and hilarious! I will have to get the videos from my brother. Sophie loved it. she had a tissue box tied to her bum that had 8 balls in it and she had to dance to get all of the balls out in one minute. She really enjoyed shaking her booty.

Then we got a surprise knock on the door....and Santa had dropped off a bag of goodies for everyone...



He even filled out the tracking tags for us. Just thought I would share mine...
I'm not trying to brag...really I just thought it was funny. Sophie got a cute mini baking set. Which she has already made a mini cake and pumpkin pie. I will post those later. Lydia got a fun new music toy, Chad got doodle dice, and I got got a brand new glass pitcher! I was excited because the one I really liked broke and it ended up being the same one! Thank you Mom!!...I mean Santa!
We had so much fun and even did fireworks in the backyard. It was pretty late so we headed home and set out cookies and milk for santa. Sophie needed some help getting up in the morning..

We went out and saw that Santa had enjoyed our treat...
The girls were excited about their presents from Santa....





It was fun watching them open their presents. They both really got into it.



Chad got some tools for his future 1929 Station Wagon...
And I got some cute new clothes from my wonderful husband!

Then we got ready for church and enjoyed dinner at my parents. It was a fun Christmas and Sophie is already asking how many more times she has to go to bed before Christmas comes again.



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun morning! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
    (I LOVE the tracking tags on the presents! Too cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! We missed you guys this year!

    ReplyDelete