Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 4

It is now day 4 of 10 that Chad has been gone. He went to North Carolina to help convert Wachovia banks into Wells Fargos. We are trying our best not to be bored...
So I have tried to plan some activities to keep us occupied.... Mike and Bekah invited us to Agua Linda Farm. It was a lot of fun! We played on tire swings...



Pet some animals....


Uncle Mike caught a chicken for us...


Lydia loved all of the animals especially the sheep she wanted to go crawl around with them (no i didn't let her) But Sophie for some reason was terrified of all the animals. It took me a lot of convincing to get her to pet a horse.

We went through some hay mazes....




They did a presentation on how the sheep dogs herd sheep. It was really cool to watch those dogs....

It was really hot in the sun and Lydia was getting pretty red and sweaty so I sent Sophie with her cousins to go on a hayride to the pumpkin patch while I took Lydia to play in the shade....



Sophie came back with some pretty cute pumpkins for her and her sister....



Sophie loved spending time with her cousins.


The girls really have been great while Chads been gone much better than I expected. Then it happened. We were flossing Sophie's teeth and she was happily talking about the farm when she randomly burst into tears and said she needed her daddy. It was so sad. 6 more days to go wish us luck I think we might need it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! That is so sad.... I love the video of the dog. Looks like our Hayley dog and that is exactly what she would do to us....she thought we were her sheep! Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days??? Blah! Keeping busy is wise. I hope it goes fast for you guys! I've never heard of this Agua place. Is it in Tucson? Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I'm sorry he has to be gone so long. We definitely know what it's like! Let me know if you need any help with ideas to keep busy! :)

    ReplyDelete